This instruction describes how cryo vials should be retrieved from the storage boxes using a pick-list created in the LIMS, as well as how to store the vials in delivery boxes.
2. Reference document
LIMS user guide 0231.
If the vials to be collected are CSF-, plasma, or serum samples, the work should be performed on ice.
- Take out the pick-list and a box with 81 positions.
- Label the box with: the name of the study, sample type, WDO-ID, ID of the pick-list, and the box number. The box number is a running number created by the person who is picking out the samples. Label your first box with 1. This will make it easier to go back and search for a specific vial in the future.
- Take out the Storage boxes shown on the pick-list from the freezers.
- Open the LIMS.
- Unstore the boxes using ”unstore container flow”, see LIMS user guide.
- Pick out the samples from the pick-list to the labelled box using ”unstore sample via pick-list flow”, see LIMS user guide. Tick off every sample picked from the list with a pen.
- When the box you are picking to is full, label a new one as in 3.2.
- If you are ending the picking before the pick-list is finished, press cancel in the LIMS. Then, a dialogue box will show you how many samples that have been picked out. Check that the number of vials picked is the same amount as on the list.
- When the pick-list is finished a message with ”pick-list completed” is shown.
- If all samples have been picked out and the LIMS does not show a message, a sample has been missed. Then, enter ”view pick-list” in the LIMS and enter the ID of the pick-list. The unregistered sample will then be shown.
- Return to the storage box and check the expected position. If the vial is not there, check the whole box.
- If the vial is not in the storage box, it has probably been picked without registration in the LIMS. Check the original pick-list to find the right box. Pick the sample as in 3.6.
- Control the retrieval in the checklist. If the samples are not to be processed further, they should be stored in delivery boxes.
- Create an appropriate number of delivery boxes using the “Create container flow” in the LIMS, see LIMS user guide.
- Two labels per delivery box should be printed out; one for the lid and one for the box. Label the box: Delivery box, name of study, sample type, and WDO-ID.
- Store the picked samples in the Delivery box using “Store sample flow” in the LIMS, see user guide.
- Put the Delivery box in the -80°C freezer labelled retrieval freezer.
- Put back the Storage boxes from where the sample were picked using the “Store container flow” in the LIMS, see LIMS user guide.